Thursday, October 20, 2011

Changing by not changing

You know that old saying….everything changes…the only thing certain in life are death and taxes. Every day we are forced to accept change, to be adaptable, to go with the flow, to just do it….well what if I don’t? What if I just say no…what if I refuse to change?

Isn’t the very fact that I’m NOT changing actually a change? I mean really, at some point don’t we have to say NO to the stupidness that others seem to inflict upon our lives and our very beings without our permission? Don’t we get to draw the line in the sand and say uh uh…no way, not gonna happen!?

I’ve had a few days that have felt like I’m on some hidden camera show and people are doing things to purposely make me wonder if I am sane…..if there is a reason I get up and TRY everyday. It’s been those kinds of crazy moments that just make you think there HAS to be a camera on me right now because this just isn’t possible!

A woman sametime messaged me, which is like an email but instant….telling me how I could better do my job. Something, I might add I’ve been doing and doing well for about 2 years now…but she had the audacity to tell me a better way….or what she thought was better…when I told her thank you but I’ve got this…she proceeded to clarify why she thought I should do my job differently. I again reminded her that it was fine, I appreciate her input but I got this….again she comes back, in MORE detail which I promptly replied I am not interested in our opinion but thank you. Oh it doesn’t end there….she then oversteps her boundaries yet again…long story …..but I sent her and email saying this is not YOUR job nor do you have the permission or the RIGHT to do this…she actually called me.

She picked up the phone and called me saying I don’t understand the tone of your email - you capitalized words in the middle of your sentence. I was confused by your tone. I said…has no one ever YELLED at you in email…because that’s the equivalent of me YELLING AT YOU. Do you understand my tone now? Sweet God!

Oh I wish I could make this stuff up! So really, she must be so bored that she randomly decides she can offer her input on how someone else should do their job. My thought is…girl….you want this job? Take it…do it….run with it! Sweet God ….that’s all I can bring myself to say.

So….by not changing I figure I am actually changing…so what self-help book do I find that in?

No comments: