Thursday, December 10, 2009

Life is a cakewalk

Been so busy lately between real work, part time work, the holidays, my life.....seems like I can't catch my breath. Every year at this time however, it tends to feel like this. I have so much LESS going on but it feels busier.

The Universe had this to say to me today:

You see, life isn't supposed to be all "cakewalk" and no "baking." Especially not for those who like to experiment, take risks, and be surprised.
Please pass the sparklers,
The Universe

I like that thought....remember the good old fashioned cake walks? A bunch of beautiful cakes were supplied and then a circle of numbers was made and when the music started you all walked in a circle until the music stopped and number was drawn and you PRAYED it was your number! You then got to pick your favorite cake. I like the thought of life being like a cakewalk.

I have said I'd like a soundtrack for my life but imagine if I had cakewalk like music and each time it stopped something happened. I would get to choose something. Maybe one time I'd choose sprinkles, another time something sinful, and yet another something senseable and healthy. I think sometimes I get so hung up on getting to that other point, across that bridge that I forget the journey there is sometimes part of the process. I always want to be at the end. I want the happily ever after. What if that doesn't exist? What if all we get is what we have? Is that really so very bad?

Overall my life is pretty amazing. I have my health, I have a decent family, amazing friends, a pretty awesome home, a stable (secure???) job and reliable transportation....what more do I really need? I have so much more than a lot of people and yet I always think I'm missing something. I look at other people's life and I want bits and peices of what they have but I don't know that I want the entire package. I don't know that I'm meant for long term, for permanent, what if I am only suppose to be the that short term person? Are some people only meant for that? Are we all suppose to be permanent?

Sometimes thinking of leads to better places and sometimes it just opens more and more windows.

No comments: