Monday, December 7, 2009

Choose your destiny

I've been crazy busy lately. Can't really blame it on the holidays because it's not like it's been going to parties kind of busy. It's life maintenance and work and trying to squeeze in all the I should be doing these things kind of busy. I've been thinking a lot lately about what it is I really want...maybe WANT isn't even the right word.

Wanting is great....it gets us from point A to point B but is wanting enough? I mean I want to have money and I want to have someone in my life and I want my friends and family to be happy and safe but really....those are wants....maybe I need to re-think it...what do I NEED?

This time of the year always makes me a little....melancholy. I always wish I had the Hallmark Christmas....the family, the kids, the husband, the friends that you see on TV...but the reality is I have a good life. I have a decent family, I have great friends, I have a lot more than most people and yet it always feels like it's not enough. Not that I don't appreciate what I have but I feel like there is one piece to the puzzle missing and every time I think I have my hand on it, got it grasped tight in my hand it doesn't fit. As hard as I try to make it fit, it just doesn't.

The Universe of course weighs in:

Should you choose to go, do, and be, at the end of your life, shocked and dismayed, you'll likely exclaim that because of all the uncanny events, wild timing, weird coincidences, and sheer chance encounters, all of your life's good fortune must have been your destiny.

Or, should you choose to wait, wish, and hope, at the end of your life, shocked and dismayed, you'll likely exclaim that because of all the uncanny events, wild timing, weird coincidences, and sheer chance encounters, all of your life's bad luck must have been your destiny.
Do you see what the difference is?
It ain't me,
The Universe


Interesting. I know this....I get this...I understand I have a choice in my destiny...to an extent, that I get to choose that I am enough, that I have enough that all is well....but it's not, so until it is I can't get there, I can't be that person.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...it's hard to be an adult.

How do you find it? How do you finally get

No comments: