Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Oh what a time it was!

Here we are on the cusp of the end of not only a year, but an entire decade. A decade has passed us all by. It's amazing when you think about how fast time really does go by us all.

So much has happened in the last year. Two and a half days are left in this year and I'm really unprepared for not only a new year but a new decade. Holy cow....how do you even begin to plan for something like this? So many thoughts swirl through my head about this last year. It's been good in so many ways and challenging in so many others. Big personal internal life changes have occurred, I graduated, I moved into a bigger apartment, had a few car repairs, spent some time traveling (not nearly enough) and honestly when I look in the mirror I can barely recognize who I even am anymore. Not because physically I've changed but the eyes staring back at me are so different from any I remember seeing before. It was a year of living out loud and pushing the envelope and I had my soul and heart torn up a bit but overall, it was a year of growing and pushing and learning about myself more than any other I've had in a really long time.

I probably am putting more pressure on myself for the new year than I need to but New Years is a time to celebrate new beginnings, new choices, new opportunities and I feel if I don't make a plan for it, make some decisions or choices about which path to follow I will be lost. I don't know that I can leave it up to chance or the fates or anyone to make the choice of what my year will bring. I need to pick a path and start venturing down it. I'm really really tired of sitting in the back seat of my own life letting the fates or the Universe pick my direction....I need to get in the drivers seat and put the pedal to the metal. I need to feel the wind in my hair.

I am so lucky and blessed to have some amazing friends in my life that get me....they really get me and they ride along with me on all the crazy paths I venture down and they support me in my troubled times and forgive me in my bad times. I can't imagine not having people like that in my life. I have so much to be grateful for, so many things I can't even begin to count high enough to be thankful for them. I think I probably need to make a list...perhaps I'll end my blogging with the list.

For now I continue to think ahead to a new year with new hopes and plans and goals for a better 2010. I will create a list of all the good things in my life but for now I will will create a list of what I want in my new year - now keep in mind these are off the top of my head/heart, they may need some fine tuning:
  • Health
  • Happiness
  • Lots of laughter
  • Time with my friends
  • Girls weekends
  • Long drives
  • Unplanned adventures
  • Continued employment
  • Love returned
  • More time with my nieces and nephews
  • Peace
  • Travel
I realize they are kind of general but overall I want 2010 to be a year that let's me look back on it and say - what a year this was and look where I ended up.

Awesome.

No comments: