Thursday, December 30, 2010

New year, new choices

On the cusp of a new year, it's time to make some choices. To choose a path that will take me into the new year and start me off on a path/journey/adventure that is bound to be better that this last year. Coming into 2010 I had some worries for the year. Coming off off of my year of NO RULES (2009 was fine!) I had some expectations for 2010 but no plan. That's probably the bigger issues....expectations are just that...but a plan puts into motion your own actions towards an outcome. So....with just a few days left of this year, I've got to get together a "plan."


I love the whole concept of "New Year, New You." I've always been a big believer that some how, magically, at the stroke of midnight on New Years Eve your world could change. That something magical was in the air and some how with the tick of that clock your world could change. I always had belief in New Years....but no mater what, the clock is going to move forward, the new day will dawn and it's totally up to me to make anything else happen.


I guess maybe the oversight comes when we forget to honor our past, where we've come from, what we've dealt with, what we've managed to get over, through or survive. That is, to celebrate the old in ourselves! What do we choose to keep in our life? What do we want to change or release? I don't think we need to start everything over but maybe make some better choices of what we do decide to keep IN our life.


"The opposite of old is not young, the opposite of old is new. As long as we continue to experience the new, we will inhabit all that we are."


So are we looking for a new life or some new experiences? We have the opportunity to change. I think it's time I choose to go forward with inspiration and adventure! Here's to a new year full of fun, laughter, adventure and unexpected surprises!


2011 is going to be THE year!

No comments: