Monday, November 30, 2009

How badly do you want what you want?

Of course the Universe weighs in on my thoughts without me even asking:


I love this job! You know, writing you every day. Do you know how I got it? No, besides being the Universe and getting whatever I want. Yes! I just started doing it. And that's all anything takes.
The Universe


P.S. Of course it'll feel funny at first, might even look funny, but how badly do you want what you want?

Interesting isn't it? How badly do we want what we really want? I always think I want what I don't have but the minute I get it, or get close to it becomes SO clear that I don't really want THAT. I want some form of it, some edited version, some piece of THAT but never THAT. I wonder what that means? I wonder what that is telling me? Why do we always seem to want that impossible, unattainable want? Is that part of life?

Are we always suppose to be wanting that elusive "thing", to always be striving for something and then having to settle for what we do have. I don't want to settle, I don't want to have the "eh, you'll do" kind of a life. I want the life that I envision inside my head. I'm scared that doesn't exist. Is it possible to want the un-wantable life?

No comments: