Monday, September 14, 2009

Greener grass

I always think the grass is greener on the other side. That some how I never get to have that life that everyone else seems to have....that things are always so much better for everyone else. That others don't feel the things I do....then you sit and drink wine and start sharing and bam! - you find out those who you think have it sooooo perfect have their issues too. It's kind of a harsh realization.

I know we all do that, we always think others are living the dream...and it's shocking when someone tells you they feel the same way or better yet....they say they wish they had YOUR life. Really? Why? What about my uninspired life warrants anyone wanting to live a day in it?

I don't mean it to sound as terrible as all that but lately I've felt really disconnected from my own life and I feel uninspired....no purpose....no direction....empty. I realize it's a phase but I do not like it.

I am stuck on a treadmill like life - birth - school - work - school - death? Where is the adventure? The passion? We all make choices in our lives that have compromised who we are. We do things that are out of integrity from our souls to look good, to make money, to please the boss, to make someone love/want us or out of fear of what the neighbors might think. We forget that the spark of our souls may be buried within us, that we still have the power to dig up the junk on top of it and let it run wild and free again.

Each moment is a new opportunity with new choices. You created your life and you have the power to "decreate" the parts of it that aren't serving you well now - I like that word decreate.

It's hard to do but really if we just stop and listen to our inner voice, our soul's voice, we can do it. This of course requires some skill and time. It's the child in us, the Universe and in order to hear it I know one just needs to be still.... I mean really still and just feel the essence of who you are. I also know this is not my strong suit.

I think the reason we end up with lives that feel meaningless, unfulfilled, or without purpose is because we stop listening and feeling who we really are. Instead we've created routines of avoidance. We rush to work, come home to the TV, video games, books, magazines, sports, phone calls, making dinner, laundry, etc. All of these outer activities fill our time by distracting us from listening to our souls.

Is it greener on the other side? If we are not connecting with our inner soul how can we ever expect to be happy in our life? No matter how connected or disconnected we feel from our own life, we have the power to change it. You can create your own inspired life ...you just have to choose it.

I choose you inspired life....I choose you now.

No comments: