Saturday, October 3, 2009

I forget

Sometimes I get so consumed with where I want to be or what I want or what I don't have or what's missing I forget to see what I do have, where I am at in my life. It's like I forget to exhale and suddenly something happens that makes me stop and exhale.....breathe.

I forget I am lucky enough to have a safe, nice, clean home that is comfortable and overall a pretty decent place to find comfort and rest. I have a job, actually two jobs that allow me to be me and let me kind of do what I need to do to get things done for the best outcome of others. I am surrounded by countless blessing that I overlook....I tend to focus on what I want or where I want to be that I forget to accept and enjoy where I am. We all do it....we all forget what we have until, sometimes, it's too late.

I have lots of things in my life that I'm grateful for but I want more, I crave more, I need more. I need all those things I think I need to make me happy, content, joyful......yet I have pretty much all I need right now.

This morning I was able to help one of our older residents with a situation that took about 4 minutes of my time but releived so much stress for him, he could not stop thanking me and I thought wow....that little thing I did made so much a difference for him and it was nothing.

I forget to be grateful. I forget to be thankful. I just forget.

No comments: