Thursday, October 8, 2009

Tomorrow's a second chance

I figure as long as I wake up each day, it's a new chance. It's a chance to right the wrongs, to fix the hurt, to learn something new, to mend a broken heart.....there's always the chance things will change. Things can always be different....tomorrow.

It seems the older I get the faster time seems to go by me. I remember being younger DYING for the time to become older, to be able to go to a R movie on my own, to go to the bar without a fake ID, to move out, to be in love, to get a job....what was I in such a hurry for?

That old saying "be careful what you wish for because you just might get it" springs to mind. It's kind of funny how we speed through our lives always looking for the next thing, the next moment or milestone and suddenly you realize how fast time has really gone. Would you make different choices if you had time to think....to breathe....to pause before rushing forwarding into the next moment? Would I?

The Universe responds:
Have you noticed, that the more you hurry, the slower you go? The more you wait, the longer it takes? The more you worry, the less you dream?But the more you live, love and laugh, the more you live, love, and laugh.
Weird?
The Universe


Sometimes in life we have to stop moving in order to see. I like to say I can see the light at the end of the tunnel when I am going through a tough time....but really all creation emerges from darkness. It's always darkest before the dawn...right? So why don't I see that...or remember that? Why does it take sunlight and brightness to let us move forward?

We all move along our own life path, sometimes we stumble and fall and other times we simply end up clinging to a path that doesn't let us choose any other way. We let life pass us by while we concentrate so hard on being on the path...maybe if it we stumbled around in the dark we'd get someplace because we wouldn't be so focused on the path as much as we were on other things.

Maybe I just discovered something...maybe the key is to close my eyes and just go. Hmmm, I will have to ponder this.

No comments: