Friday, May 28, 2010

Hope floats

Lately I've been getting a message from the Universe in various forms, but basically it's telling me to move on...to move past the things I can't control. To let go and move forward. I've been fighting that notion for so long hoping that if I just cling to things a little more I can change them. I can have what I had, I can go back to that magical time of last year and begin again and maybe this time make different choices so things DON'T end. But I can't. The reality is to hard to ignore any longer and clearly the Universe agrees as it's sending me this message in multiple ways.

Hope floats, like a cork that drops into water and quickly rises to the surface, so does hope. As much as we try to squash it, to keep it out, it always surfaces and forces us to face it. To confront it head on and deal with it. We have to find this our for ourselves however, you can accept it until you are ready. The teacher will appear when the student is ready.

Sometimes we make choices in our lives in the spur of the moment that seemed right at the time but come back to us as regret. I tend not to regret, I do miss things though. I miss moments and people and situations but I don't regret. I think we do things and experience moments that work to help create who we are and who we become so I don't often regret things. I might regret something I've said in the spur of a heated moment but I try really hard not to say something I can't live with.

I keep saying life was so different for me last year at this time and I really really was enjoying my life last year and suddenly, come fall, something drastically changed. Was it me? Was it the Universe peeking in to say enough of that, now back to reality or was it simply my soul realizing I was living a false life? How long do we continue to fool ourselves into thinking we are living our life in the way we want to until we finally decide it's not what we really want. We convince ourselves that we want a certain lifestyle and we work like mad to get it and suddenly one day you wake up realizing everything has changed, everything is different and it's not really what you thought it would be. It's not what you imagined and suddenly you are stuck in a life you really don't want. What do to then? Is it really that easy to walk away? How much time do you invest walking down a path you don't want to be on before you stop and find another way?

I find the older I get the less tolerance I have for not living the life I imagine I would have. I have less tolerance for the games and the crap and the silly reasons for not living the life I want. It may change day to day but at least I feel like I am focused on what I want. I recently heard this speaker (Michael Foley) who talked about packing our backpacks with the things we need in life and how heavy it gets when we lug around all the old, past things we can't change. It's time to let that go, it's time to start packing my backpack with only what I need and let go of the past. I know it sounds way easier to do. He also talked about a mantra he uses...Am I OK right now? It's kind of fun....in times of stress and chaos try using this phrase....Am I OK right now? Yes, in this moment I am OK...in 5 minutes maybe not but right now I am OK. It helps you focus on being present in the moment and not focusing on the "what might be" or the "what was".

Am I OK right now? Yes, yes I am.

No comments: