Saturday, May 8, 2010

Signs

It's funny how you don't notice what you don't notice until you notice it. We are all on a journey. We all are on our own walk through life trudging along, hoping to have a hand to hold along the way, but ultimately we are all on this walk alone. Some days it's easy and fun and we enjoy it and other times a day feels like you are walking in a tar pit and you are slowly being sucked to the bottom.

There comes a time where we all have to decide what path we are going to take, we make a decision, commit to it and begin walking. Sometimes we change paths along the way, and that's ok. Sometimes we come to a point where we know it no longer matters and we stop, turn, and go another direction and sometimes, we keep walking and walking and walking and wondering...is this it? Is this MY path? Where am I going? What am I doing? Why and I here and we need a sign. We need a reason to keep on walking. We NEED it.

It's when we start to look for a sign, we might actually see one. My friend and I were talking about signs and she said if you get a message (sign) 3 times from 3 different parts of your life about something you really should look at it and consider it. It's like the Universe is conspiring to TELL you something, almost like it's SHOUTING to you to pay attention. Sometimes you need to be hit over the head with something before you see it. That might be the case for me.

I am a little bit stubborn. I know for some people that isn't a surprise to hear. I over think things possibly too, I'm willing to admit my low points. But I have been really trying to focus and think outside my own little bubble and see where life might take me and although it's scary, I think I might be willing or ready to move down another path.

I am off to lay on the beach for a week and do some soul searching and thinking and planning. I must really take these signs into account. What do you do when you stop questioning and just start doing?


No comments: