Monday, April 12, 2010

Having it all and enjoying it

I am a big beleiver in two things - 1 - What goes around, comes around. Meaning treat others as you would like to be treated and eventually, it will all turn out how it's suppose to. If you give good, you will get good and 2 - Thoughts become things. If you thing positive things, they will happen. If you focus and think about the negative, it also comes true.

If only we could harness our own power and remember to always use it for good and not evil. These two messages keep coming back to me in many forms within my own life. I try very hard to be a positive person, to look a the glass as half full vs. half empty, I try to find the good in people, even the j-holes you end up having to deal with on a daily basis, not by choice but because you work with them or live in the same building with them....things you don't really have a choice on. Somedays I really need a reminder of what it's all about...what it's all for. Why I am really chosing to do what it is I am doing. Why am I spending my time and energy on these places or things....makes you stop and re-asses a little. Then it comes down to making the right choice. How do I want to spend my time/energy.

I hate being alone, I've always hated it and so I choose to find ways to fill my time, my days, my space so I don't feel alone, so I don't have to be alone. It's easy for me to do, but I admit, it's not for everyone. I like being connected to other people....I like having them around, I like texting, talking, sitting with, drinking with, eating with, walking with or just plain old hanging out with other people....but I get that it's not for everyone. Some people don't need that level of connection with me....or others.....so it's hard for them to stay invested in me.

It's funny how quickly things change. I beleive people meet when they are suppose to. That people come into our lives when we need them. That friendships are formed when two people meet and find they fill that void within each other and they connect and form a friendship. The hard thing is when one of those people then moves on and finds someone else, or something else to fill that void and your left behind, wondering what's next. What do you do now? Tiime is a an interesting mistress.

I have a terrible habit of comparing myself, my life, my wants and needs with others, whether it's one of my sisters, a friend or a co-worker. It's really easy to look at the outside of what others have and say "I want that life", "I want what they have", and to compare ourselves to what we think is the better life, the better opportunities...the better everything. When do we learn to be content and happy with what we have, with where we are, with who we are? When do we start learning to enjoy what we have instead of always looking for the next new thing, the "better" thing, more.

When do we realize we have enough, we are enough and enjoy it?

No comments: