Thursday, August 19, 2010

You may as well be happy...

.....because no one really cares if you're miserable. Laugh and the world laughs with you, cry, and you cry alone.

It seems to me that when things are good and going your way your world is filled with people, fun, happiness and light. Like a roller coaster on the upward leg of it's journey. Exciting and filled with possibilites. When you are down, need a boost or just a hand to hold it's like you are alone in the land of misfit toys. No one wants to be there when your down.

How are you suppose to manage life's ups and downs if when your down, your alone? You need a friend at that time to pat you on the back, take a shot with you and help you move on. Not one to ignore you, put you on the back burner and act like "eh, your fine....get over it." I sure hope I'm not like that to my friends when they are down and out.

I'm not saying throw money at them and let them live on your couch for years while they piss and moan about a bad life, I'm saying be a friend, let them vent and steer them back on the path of goodness and light.

The older I get, the more life experience I get I seem to have more questions than answers. A few days ago a friend of mine made this statement "Wouldn't it be great if you got the really important life lessons when you were twenty-eight instead of forty-eight? Actually, I suppose I probably did, but was just blathering too loudly myself to actually listen."

I can't stop thinking about that statement. What if we already learned all the things we needed to know and just missed the opportunity to really hear it....and live it. Is it too late? Is it ever really too late? I know the answer is a resounding NO...but I still wonder. Do we sometimes miss our chance because we are so outside ourselves at the time that we don't see the forest for the trees?

No one really cares when your miserable. No one is going to be your knight in shining armour and come galloping in to make things better, you have to do that for yourself. You have to be able to stand yourself back up...brush all the crap life throws at you off and keep on marching. If you don't, then what's the point? Sometimes the lessons of life seem so easy, so simple that a child could master them yet as a child we are no where near the maturity level to be able to handle them. Then we get so wrapped up in the everday management of our own life that by the time we are close to being a mature adult (for some people that may never happen) that we just sort of gloss over it.

Too bad we don't have a rewind or a fast forward button.

No comments: