Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Easy come, easy go

Life always seems simpler looking back on it. I think of my life when I was a kid. Really what was the big deal? School, homework, hanging with my friends. Occasionally the sleep over or roller skating party to plan...but really, a simple life. When your a kid though you only want to grow up, to have your own life, to be in charge. Meh...it's over rated really.

Real life is full of decisions and constant thinking. I am exhausted almost before the day starts just thinking about all the stuff I have to do in one day. I mean it's an endless battle that we have to keep doing every single day. You get up and have to fight all that's changed overnight. Trying to tame the wild hair, wash your face, brush your teeth, get dressed, make sure you look decent...put on make up ....and where in god's name does all the hair come from over night? Seriously...just keeping a person's eyebrows in line can become a full time job!

I wonder if my life would be easier if I were someone with money....someone famous that people sought out to talk too. Would it be easier if I had people to do all the mundane things for me or is there some value in taking care of ourselves? Do we learn more and ultimately feel better about ourselves if we are in charge of ourselves? I guess I don't know any different so I have to assume yes...there is value in taking care of ourselves.

I miss the days when things like an Easy Bake Oven made me really happy. Why does that have to change as we get older? Why do we forget to enjoy the simple things of life? I need to work on capturing those moments back. I want to be able to enjoy the simple things of life without worrying or wanting more.

Bring back my childhood....no matter how dysfunctional it was.

1 comment:

Teenstyle said...

I still have my easybake oven and it works-comeover and we can bake!!!