Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Messages we receive

I believe in what goes around, comes around, that you get what you give. That we are constantly being sent messages from the Universe but we don't always hear them because of everyday life crap or we are so focused on where we want to be or what we want to have that we can't relax and hear what is being said.

Too much internal chatter doesn't allow any of the external stuff to penetrate and we get lost in the stuff that is our own life. But once in awhile, we have that moment, that second where everything looks new and clear and BAM! we can focus again, we can think. Suddenly the path lies before us clear and shining like a pretty new penny.

Three words....I LOVE YOGA!

Who would have thought it? I certainly didn't. I always thought it looked impossible to do...I mean really...those positions make me giggle like a school girl just watching experts do them but the very thought of myself in one of those obscure positions....not gonna happen.

Of course...every time you say NEVER it usually happens. For example...I'm never going to talk to him again and the second he calls you find yourself right back where you started, cursing yourself for opening that door again. So I said it...never gonna happen, not gonna do it...well I should not even listen to myself any more.

Lately the internal chatter has gotten out of control, nothing I do calms it, nothing I do stops it and frankly it was beginning to over run my life. I have been trying different things to quell it but nothing was working. My sister told me about this Yoga class she took and how after just one class she felt so much less stress and it didn't matter that she couldn't do every pose she felt good. I was a total doubting Thomas...but I agreed to go, to try it. I wanted to prove her wrong.

Wish I could insert a picture of me eating crow because that's what I did. Man, it was the first time in my entire life I felt centered. I couldn't believe first off that my body could move in those ways and how powerful I felt holding a warrior position. I have some work to do when I have to stand and grab my leg from behind me and some obvious balance issues but overall, I left there feeling renewed, recharged and for the first time in several months the internal chatter seemed to be very very quiet. Insane.

So the Universe tells me this today:

Sometimes having more fun and being happier comes from looking for each in crazy, new places; instead of waiting for them to come from where you've found them before or where others are now finding them. And I do mean crazy. Not just from the old standbys of travel, adventure, and romance, but from stretching, reaching, and growing. Accepting new responsibilities for your happiness, totally accepting others, and grasping even higher ideals. Philosophically taking yourself to places few have ever dared before.
Red hot smokin' love, The Universe


I've tried having more fun, meeting new people, doing new things outside my normal fun circle. I tired growing and taking on new responsibilities....thinking it would bring me happiness and contentment....clearly not working. I tried travel and romance (boo!) and thinking....well I thought I was thinking but whatever. I never considered lots of things but never once did I ever consider that my own brain, head and heart were blocking my path. Amazing.

So - here is my advice - for what it's worth. Don't limit yourself. Don't say no until you have tried. Open yourself up to the possibilities that messages are being sent to you right now and all you have to do is keep tuning your internal dial until the static stops and the words are clear.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

No comments: