Saturday, February 20, 2010

Tides of change

Things never stay the same, as much as we want them to they always change. Really they have to. If nothing ever changed we would be in an endless cycle of the same old same old and soon we'd be so bored ourselves that even we wouldn't find ourselves interesting.

If feels like just when you are enjoying something it changes. I would really like some things to just remain as they are for a little while. To really let me appreciate them. I know if things didn't change, didn't go wonky or off track we would never really cherish and love the good things.

It just feels like the more things keep changing I can't keep my balance...like I'm walking on a tight rope in a really windy cavern. Personally and professionally things are constantly moving and changing and it's like I can't catch my breath. You know how after you have a really really good cry and you get that shuttering kind of breath.....where you keep sucking in air until finally you calm down....that's what it feels like right now....no air.

How does one get out of this path? How do you decide to just keep rolling with the tides of change but not let it push you down? I haven't watched TV in a long time....I see snippets of it but haven't really sat down and watched it....I did this today and I realized it would be really nice to have life scripted and able to wrap up in like an hour or 2 .....like a Lifetime movie.

Wonder if you could script your own life like an afternoon movie. It would be nice to have it all wrapped up and onto the "happily ever after" part in just a few hours. Wonder how soon before that would get boring.

I was at a gathering last night and had some time to talk with some people I don't get to see very often and it's funny how fast everyones life changes. Just one year can bring on so many mind boggling changes not just for yourself but for others. Marriages end, kids go to school, babies are born, love develops, cancer invades lives and yet we all manage to keep on going, to keep plugging away and moving forward. Sometimes it boggles the brain to think about all that changes without our permission.

The tides of change are like the seasons, you can't stop them from happening and yet we always miss them when they are done.

No comments: