Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Kodak Moment

I've talked about the importance of photographs to me before. I love those little snippets of time where things were just as I imagined. I was happy, surrounded by people I love and who loved me. Happy moments or seconds that are forever frozen in time with the click of a button.

Looking back, those are moments I accepted fully without question. They often bring me great joy, sometimes sadness because the person is gone or the relationship has changed or whatever the reason, it's no longer the same...but regardless, the ones I save, the ones I frame and hang up or choose to surround myself with are moments of immeasurable joy. Wish I could bottle that and open it whenever I wanted.

Ideally who wouldn't want to take all those moments and string them together and just live in those happy, fun, silly moments? I know...the reality is that nothing lasts forever and just when your feeling happy and content with the way things are The Universe steps in to shake things up and toss you some curve balls and you begin again....always changing, always moving, always something.

There is something to be said for the same old routine. I envy that in other people. Those who have a set way about themselves...sometimes the predictability of others is something I am jealous of. Not sure I could happily live that way for long, but the very thought of some common everyday routine does give me some kind of peace.

I like certain routines....like getting a hot cup of coffee first thing in the morning. I know that each day at about 10 am I need a snack. I know that I can always count on the fact that there are certain people I can always count on when I need something...I don't have to even question that they will help......so I guess, I have some routines...I have some common denominator.

It's funny, when we look at people's life through a second in time, a picture, we imagine all kinds of amazing things happening for them.....to them....we forget to take into account that just like me, they have Kodak moments as well as normal everyday life moments.

Perhaps we are all the same...but different?

No comments: