Tuesday, March 16, 2010

No such thing as "the future"

The future is an illusion, a thought, a promise of something better to come our way. All we have is now, followed almost immediately by another and another and so on.

We don't do anything suddenly. We don't suddenly fall out of love...it happens slowly over the course of time. A set of now's. We don't suddenly become famous or a bank robber or a parent - it's all a series of little moments....little now's happening over and over until one day we arrive at that place. The place that makes us feel like it's all so sudden.

It's not just the negative things this happens with....it can happen with good things too, like being happy, finding peace, connecting with your soul mate. It's all series of moments that build into your now, your current state. We get what we get because of what we think. As TUT would say - thoughts become things, choose the good ones.

Sometimes the power of our thoughts is so amazing to me. We have such power and we don't even know it. We get what we get by focusing on the thought, the need, the want, the elusive missing piece. Our actions drive our results.

So I ask you....why don't we harness this? Why don't we use this? Why aren't we the rulers of our own world? How do we give our power away everyday to someone else. Why do I continue to fight the world every single day? How do I take my own destiny back and stop leaving it up to anyone else to control? How do we learn to be the masters of our own universe?

It feels like all I can do is focus on what I don't have. Where I think I should be vs. where I am. What everyone else seems to have but I don't. How do we learn to live in the moment, to take what the Universe has given us and enjoy?

Those who achieve great things, defeat long odds, and become legends didn't have anything you don't have. They just kept showing up, expecting a miracle, long after everyone else got practical.
Here comes one now!
The Universe

If I am to believe the Universe, then really....I just have to keep on showing up - expecting my miracle, to keep on doing my thing and eventually, at some point, someday suddenly...things will change.

Do I dare believe the Universe?

No comments: