Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Trying to pray

What does it mean to pray? It is in quiet reflection and thought or is it in the loud, hand clapping soul releasing sound that makes us shout and jump around? How do you learn to pray?

It's a very individual process but I beleive at some point we have to try....try and connect with some higher power, some greater being or some spirit that is bigger than our own self. Something that gives us the will and the strength to get up each day and do this thing we call life over and over and over again.


I always think there has to be a bigger reason for me to be here than to just take up space. I feel like I insert myself into life loudly and proudly as if to say I am here, notice me and do not let me go by unnoticed. That unnoticed life....that's what I think I fear the most.



I love this quote from Salma Hayek - Before you do anything, think. If you do something to try and impress someone, to be loved, accepted or even to get someone's attention, stop and think. So many people are busy trying to create an image, they die in the process.


It makes me feel like someone out there, some one I don't even know, understands what it's like to try to live a life outside of ourselves.

No comments: