Monday, March 15, 2010

Time - what's it all about

Time is never on your side. When your younger you rush to get older, when your older you TRY to be younger. No winning. At some point you have to just accept that what is .....is.

Sometimes when things take longer than you thought they would, it's just a gentle reminder from your greater self (me), that you have more time than you thought, and that there's a journey to enjoy.
Yeah, like all the time in the world.


The Universe


Besides, just because it's taking longer than you thought it would, doesn't mean stuff isn't happening, even as you read these words.

Ever have a weekend where you just can't get motivated to do anything of your own, your own personal stuff. Like laundry, cleaning, rearranging, purging, cooking, shopping...nothing...you can't get motivated to do anything. Why does that happen? What hits the wall when we literally can't get our butts moving?

I know for me personally it's a combination of things. I do too much, I try to squeeze to much into one day. My day's usually start quite early even on weekends. This weekend was my weekend to work so I am up and moving at 7am. Hard for me to go back to bed once I'm up. Unless I have some reason to be all snuggled up with someone I often don't return to bed. Some days I am uber motivated to get stuff done. Laundry, shopping, cleaning, purging, handling all the things I keep putting on the back burner all week hoping I'll find the time once I get home to handle them, but usually it gets pushed back to "tomorrow". Soon however, all my tomorrows pile up and it becomes over whelming. Too much to do and suddenly that wall is staring me in the face.

This weekend though I really did accomplish quite a bit but I don't know how to solve my non-sleep issues. I thought it was my coffee in take, but I've limited that, then I thought it was my not being able to relax thing....but I'm doing Yoga now....sometimes twice a week, and now I just can't pin point the real issue.

How do you make your mind slow down or stop? Can you really shut the world out and just be zen?

No comments: