Monday, March 1, 2010

We never know

I like that saying "we don't know what we don't know".

I always wonder how things will change...where they will go. What do we do with all this stuff in us that has become our routine, our life, our everyday stuff when things change.

I get up, get dressed, go to work, get coffee, go to my desk, do my job, come home, work....and so on and so forth but when life tosses us a wrench in the plans, when things change without our CHOOSING to make the change what do we so with all the ....stuff?

I go along my life path, mostly enjoying the ride and suddenly something comes along that makes me think differently or makes me act differently and just as I get used to that, it changes again. All of a sudden I'm left holding the proverbial bag. Feels like I'm always the one standing there like that scene in Poltergeist when that teenage girl comes home to witness her house imploding and her family running for their lives and she's standing there screaming...."what's happening?"

What's happening?

I know life is all about change and it's part of the reality of my own life but what we don't know yet is how this change will effect us down the road....we just don't know what we don't know.

We don't yet know the souls we will meet who might become such a huge part of our life, we don't know that we won't connect with another person in a way that we can't imagine a day in our life without them.....or that person we meet that teaches us some life lesson about our own self. I was pondering this today as I thought back to last year.

I was writing an article comparing our companies sales to last year at this same time and it made me think of my own life in those terms. Last year at this same time my life was moving in such a different direction, it's surprising to me how quickly that changes gears. I can hardly wrap my brain around these things fast enough. Where I am at now compared to the same time last year is so very different. It's not bad or good, it just is. It is so very different. Makes me wonder what next year at this very time will be. The Universe piped in with this saying today:

Right this very moment, there are beautiful souls on your beautiful planet, whom you do not even know, yet through your meanderings and theirs, paths will cross, love will be shared, and eternal friendships will be created. I'm still not done...

We are really the only ones who have any control over our own life and/or path but we let others join us for the ride or guide us onto new paths. I feel like we have to learn to take the steering wheel and gain control of where we go and how we get there.

Hang on, it's gonna be a bumpy ride.

No comments: