Monday, January 18, 2010

Changing tracks

Somehow life consistently keeps changing and throwing curve balls in our direction. Everytime you plan and start moving towards some direction something comes along and forces us to shift gears - to change track mid-stream. I feel like I've lost the life I’ve had planned in my head. That the direction I thought I wanted or needed to move is no longer an option. Should I give up or just keep moving in that direction? Does it really lead anywhere? I think I have to begin again and search for the life that’s waiting for me.

That's got to be completely different from what I've got now....right?

I guess it really comes down to the question - are we living the life we want or just existing? I think in my case I start down my path expecting some sort of result. When I don't get the expected result it makes me stop and wonder what I am doing. Where am I really going or trying to get to? Do I keep going and see where I end up or do I stop, pull up stakes and move in another direction?

The Universe has this to say:

Expecting "end results" - such as wealth and abundance, health and harmony, friends and laughter - in broad brush strokes, is part of the secret formula for manifesting the life of your dreams. Expecting your
path to follow a certain route such as writing a bestseller to accumulate wealth, having a particular someone fall in love with you, or insisting upon this idea, that diet, or the other invention to be your deliverance - is just plain messing with the cursed hows and severely limits my options... (I hate when that happens.)
Cool?
The Universe

Release any expectations you may have of how you think your dreams will come true but by all means, with every fiber of your being, expect that they will, as you busy yourself enjoying who and where you already are.

Often when dramatic change or events occur we collapse from the physical and mental efforts it takes to just exist. To get up, get dressed and continue on with your own everyday activities sometimes seems like a big enough accomplishment. I really don't spend much time stopping to think, to figure out what is really required of me before I start moving forward I guess in an attempt to get away from where I'm at. Maybe that's it. Maybe we force ourselves to keep plunging ahead to get as far away from the current chaos as possible.

While this year/decade is still unfolding it's providing us with the chance to get something right. It's like a new chapter in a book, you don't know how exactly it's going to end but you can't wait to turn the page.

Here's to turning the page.

1 comment:

SOUL said...

i like this post--
i wonder if we're related?

no-- i'm not a weird stalker-- i reckon you'd have to read some of my stuff-- you'll see the similarity. of course-- recently, i'm a bit down, so maybe not. but we do write- or thing a little alike.
i think that's cool.