Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Fairly certain

There are somethings a person just knows. I know I can't walk a tight rope, I know I will never be a super model, I know I can do just about anything I set my mind to...and there are those things we convince ourselves we can do that just honestly don't work out.

I sometimes believe I am invincible, I am stronger than I really am and that I don't really need anyone....but you know what, I am wrong. There - the first week of the new year and I've announced it out loud...I AM WRONG!

It's a little empowering to come to terms with our own faults. It makes me realize I am human and I do have flaws......well I knew I had flaws but the river of denial sure runs wild and free.

And what does January hold? So much seems possible and doable and attainable right now. We have a year before us, 11 plus months to accomplish anything we choose! Empty journals, fresh bank accounts, three hundred and sixty-five new days (give or take a few) neatly parceled into weeks, months, seasons, holidays. A fair chunk of time, of our own life just waiting to be filled.

One thing is certain; there will be more newness than ever before. All the world is facing changed values, an altered lay-out of life and it provides us with a creative primer for re-discovering our authenticity and igniting our pour passions known or unknown.

So often when change occurs in our lives, downshifting jobs, relationships end (or even begin), financial resources change, living arrangements; we tend to collapse inwardly from all the anticipated exhaustion of our physical and mental efforts—when really we should just stay still until we see what’s required of us. It's hard not to anticipate what might be when looking towards the future or toward upcoming changes. We have to plan to react. Right?

So here’s to a year of doing less, making space, appreciating more and beginning with January, a month of regrouping and recouping.

Rest and rejuvenation even if it brings with it a bit of rebellion!

No comments: