Thursday, January 28, 2010

One moment in time

It seems to me like just when you get used to things, when you are comfortable and content in your own life the Universe senses this and tosses a fork in the road. Maybe it's a test of faith, or of courage - but it's something to challenge you or make you look at things in a new light. It's not always bad, but it sometimes can be quite exhausting.

I feel like we aren't suppose to be to comfortable, happy or compliant in our own life. That we have to constantly be on the alert for change and be ready for it. If we aren't any little bump in the road can feel like a giant pot hole.

I can't believe how much things change in one year. One simple small year. 365 days and when you really think about it, it's kind of amazing what goes on. I can hardly wrap my brain around it. I am in such a different place this year than I was last year. Last year I threw open a new door in my life that I hadn't even known I had the key to. I did some things I'd never done, I went down paths I didn't even know existed and I experienced some emotions and feelings I had bottled up inside for so long and it didn't kill me. It broke me down a lot of times but overall, I survived.

I started 2009 with a gusto, I went all out and went skipping down the road and enjoyed the ride most of the time. At some point though I stopped and questioned and wondered where I was really headed and that's when things changed....again. That's what life is about, constant revision. If we don't edit and revise we end up stale and stagnant...so I guess...it's all good.

The Universe tells me this today (www.tut.com)

It only takes one idea, one second in time, one friend, one dream, one leap of faith, to change everything, forever.
Just one!
Yet eternity lies in the palm of your hand.


Hallelujah,
The Universe


So one moment in time, on second...in the blink of an eye everything changes...forever. It feels sometimes as if life is like walking out on a gang plank. You walk slowly and cautiously out a few feet, testing the strength of the board under you. At some point you feel safe enough to stop and look around and it almost feels comfortable, safe, secure. But you know there end point requires you to jump off, to leap into space and you don't really know your outcome. Is it going to be a hard ending or gently landing into the water that reaches out to embrace you? How will your story end?

We get to comfortable in our own lives. We get up, go to work, text some friends, goof off, work, eat, drink, sleep, have some adult fun and then start all over again the next day. At some point, like anything else, it becomes routine, common place.....uneventful or no longer feels fulfilling. So we change, we change jobs, get new friends, leave old loves, lose co-workers...sometimes within our control....sometimes not, but regardless....things change. They have to.....it's how we deal with that constant change that defines us as a person.

We can fight and whine and complain about it or we can embrace it, let it become the new way and move on and hopefully we become better/stronger for it.

How do we complete our story? How will the one moment in time make us who we are suppose to be?

No comments: