Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Difference between anger and being hurt

Oddly enough I'm not angry or feeling hurt right now but I was thinking on my drive in how sometimes the people or things that make you really angry are usually things that come from people you trust and love. Family, friends, lovers.....children. Things happen and we get angry with strangers but in a different way. I was thinking about that because the last time I was really angry, I mean just pissed off, it was at a family member. I started thinking was I angry or just hurt by them, their actions, their thoughtlessness, their stupidity....anyway....then the Universe had this waiting for me when I got in. Creepy!

It sure is hard to get really angry at someone when you can think of all the reasons you love them. And you can - you're in their life because they love you.
The Universe


Anger is a strange emotion if you really think about it. I'm angry at the economy, I'm angry at the jackass that cuts me off as he races to get in front of me only to slam on his breaks because there is no where to go. Anger is just really a way to express your unhappiness at a situation, sometimes in a vocal fist to God kind of way. Is it really anger you are feeling though with family or friends or those closer to you or is it a type of betrayal, hurt, sadness maybe even disappointment?

I sort of expect strangers or others to not care about me, to not give me the time of day or to be thoughtful in anyway but with those I hold closer to my heart it hurts on a different level when they don't follow through on their words, or put you last, or forget your birthday or any of the other dumb ass kinds of things we do to each other. It's deeper, it hurts on a different level than a stranger doing something dumb and thoughtless to you.

We are complicated individuals. We need to have emotional releases and yet anger seems like kind of a funny one....if you really think about it. Do you know those people who never seem to be angry or get upset....I always wonder if they go home and secretly smash plates to release their anger.

Here's to anger free and hurtless days!

No comments: