Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Feet planted firmly?

I’ve been feeling ungrounded lately, like I can't quite get my bearings or my car on the path. Almost like a cartoon characters whose feet are running a hundred miles an hour yet their feet never really connect with the ground below so they end up going no where really really fast.

I spent some time this weekend doing my angel cards, to help center myself and hopefully speak to my inner soul that seems so unsettled. Oddly enough, something changed, something shifted inside of me and all of a sudden it feels like things have become clearer. It's like the cards finally connected with something inside me and I felt like finally - I got it!

I did readings over and over asking questions and for assistance about what I needed to do next and the answer kept being the same - “it will become clear.” In other words, be patient! Something, if anyone knows me at all, knows I am not very good at. So I am trying it....I am trying to be patient, to relax, to just be calm and let things just be....it's hard but I am trying.

I don't know what changed, but today when I woke up, for the first time in a very long time I feel grounded, centered, content....happy almost with my own life. Is that a bad sign? Does that mean things are going to change? Hope not. I am going to enjoy this ride as long as I can.

Maybe it's because I'm on the edge of having some control and say again in what I want to do with my time, my energy, my thoughts? Maybe it's because some stressful things are ending? Maybe it's because for the first time in a very very long time I feel like I have peace....I feel calm and OK with my life. I hope it's not the calm before the storm.

It's funny how quickly things change, how a moment in time can shift and change thoughts and feelings. I'm not sure exactly what's made me shift into this mode but I am going to enjoy this ride while it's happening.

My weekend plans sort of imploded but that's OK.....I ended up having a perfectly fine weekend. Spent some time doing absolutely NOTHING. I also had some time to slip in some unexpected events and even got some bargain shopping in. I loved it. I would love another weekend like this one again very soon. I spent some time with some new friends and found it really refreshing to just be me and be accepted without all the baggage, the rules about who I am or who I am suppose to be or anything....NO RULES. Man that really was a good New (new new years!) Years resolution to make. Thus far it's worked out pretty good for me.

One of my messages from the Universe today was this:

If you're really honest you have to admit that things today, in your most amazing life, at this most amazing time in history, are far better than they've ever, ever been.

Well done,
The Universe

I say ONE of my messages because I had Friday and Monday off so I didn't check email until a bit ago so I had a few messages from the Universe waiting. This particular one just really fit into my mindset today.

I hope this continues.

I can't believe I am 11 days from graduation.....11 days! It's amazing on one hand and so freaking scary on another. I can't imagine being a young person just graduating into the world. At least I'm somewhat established and at least I have a job. If I were just coming out into the world with a degree and hoping to land a job I think I'd be pretty much screwed.

Although, truth be told, I'm kinda screwed now because I'll have my degree and I do have a job but since this economy is what it is, I'm kinda stuck where I am. I don't have a lot of options. Just a wing and a prayer. Hopefully things will change before I have to start paying back my student loans. I don't even want to think about that...but what can a girl do? Hopefully I will look back on this and say it was worth it.

So there it is....almost the end of May and I actually feel hopeful and content in my own life. Wild. It only took a few months to settle in, hope the rest of this year continues along this same path.






No comments: