Friday, June 12, 2009

New Chapter

Where does the time go? Blink and all of a sudden you are an adult, blink again and your an adult who just graduated with a 4 year degree. Blink and your living the dream.....I'm still waiting for that blink.

Seems like there is never enough time in 24 hours to get everything done. I keep thinking, what if I don't wake up tomorrow....will this day have been good enough to be my last? Feels like there is so much to do but never enough time.

I went to a Lynx game the other night (women's basketball) and it was kinda cool. I don't think I've ever been to a basketball game. We were in a suite so we were above the crowd in our own bubble (um yeah a life I SOO could get used to) and it struck me as I sat there and watched the crowd from afar how kind of amazing sports really are. I mean you have hundreds of people rallying around a small group of committed people and they all sort of know the rules. When you get a basket they jump up and cheer, if they miss, there is a collective groan from the audience. They seem to be engaged and committed to their team winning. It's really kind of amazing.

If you could harness that power and translate it into real life wouldn't that be amazing!? If you could get your co-workers excited and committed to a project.....imagine what one could accomplish! I keep joking to my boss about it but we need a team chant, mantra or song. I think it would rally the troops!!!

My note from the Universe today was this:
Very simply the more that you accept responsibility for, the more power you have. Doesn't that rock?
Love,
The Universe


and since I've missed a few days of blogging I am going to include a few other notes from the Universe because I think they are important:

There will always be people in your life who hold you back, who cost you too much, and who fail to see all you've done for them. But, of course, they're just there to teach you that you do have time, that you'll always be rich, and that your own high standards are all that matter.
You knew that,
The Universe

While I appreciate this one, I kind struggle with it because there are those who we ALLOW to hold us back, to make us feel inferior, that we give our power away to and we don't even realize we do it until it's too late. We are complicated little ducks.

This one is my favorite...it is LOADED with stuff - I think I may have to reuse this one for a future blog....it has so many layers of stuff I am confused on right now. The thing is this came Monday....the day I came back in expecting my life to be different in some way....and really, nothing, not one single thing changed.

The baby steps in the beginning of a journey always seem inadequate compared to the brilliance of the dream that inspired them. This is natural. If the dream wasn't so far "out there" and dazzling, it wouldn't be worth dreaming! Just don't be led to think that the physical ground you cover with your baby steps is all that they accomplish. Because for every mortal step you take, another cog in a giant wheel behind the curtains of time and space advances, and with it, 10,000 new possibilities.
Better than Star Trek,
The Universe


Life is full of possibilities I get that....but some days it's hard to see them. War chant...maybe I need a war chant.

No comments: