Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Can you have it all?

Relax. Breathe in deep. Hold it. Let it out. Loosen your shoulders. Smile. Close your eyes. You'll be surprised at how many voices you'll hear, whispering sweet encouragement into your ear.

Be still, be calm, and listen. You'll find there's nowhere you can't go, no challenge you can't master, and no reason whatsoever that you can't
have it all.


Kissey, kissey, you can do it -
The Universe


Breathe. Just breathe. It's amazing how something so simple, so uncomplicated can change the way you think, feel and act. In times of stress sometimes a deep, cleansing breathe can make all the difference.

One of my favorite things to do is to lay by the pool and soak up some sun. To shut my mind off and just lay pool side listening to the birds, the wind and maybe some gossip that seems to happen pool side. The weather this year has not really cooperated with this goal of mine. I had an entire week off in July that was cloudy every day....every single day!! I need the sun. I need color. I need that time to lay like a lizard in the sun forgetting all the cares of the world. Everyday that I have the ability to have time off, it seems to be cloudy...does Mother Nature really hate me that much??

It's funny, I never thought I was one to be alone, to be quiet, to enjoy solitude but lately I'm wondering if I don't need to do that. NEED being the key word. I'm really good at being busy, at doing things, at finding things to keep my mind busy but I am wondering if my body is trying to tell me to try something else. My back has been bothering me for a few days now just out of the blue. It's like it's tired of the way things have been going so it's going to change gears on me and make me do something else.

Isn't it strange when our own bodies turn on us, they work against us instead of with us. I think it's only going to get worse as I get older too. Some times when I spend a lot of the day typing my wrists hurt and my eyes feel a little buggy....it's happening in small doses everyday right now. I can't imagine what another 5 years will bring my way. It sucks to get old.

No comments: