Monday, July 20, 2009

More questions than answers

I know there is some point in time, in our lives that we some how know the answers to the questions that are being asked. That like a class lecture you finally understand.....we will understand the questions being asked of us and actually be able to answer them. I wonder then, is that it. Is that the end? If we are no longer searching or looking for the answers to the eternal unanswered question what left is there to do? Is that when it all stops, ends, ceases to exist?

Recent changes here at work are going to provide me with some new opportunities that will hopefully by year end or even early next year put me in a position to change jobs completely or to at least be in the position to demand more money for what it is I am doing....is demand the right word? Possibly plead, beg, suggest.....regardless, my boss is doing right by me. He is most certainly providing the opportunities he promised and I am willing to do them and not ask for more money...yet. It's really a win/win. They get me to do more work for no money, I get to hone and learn some new skills without fear of failing in a position.....eventually we will have to meet in the middle and come to some type of financial understanding.....right? Another question that is unanswered.

I had a girls weekend with my crafty friends. This is our second annual weekend and I really really enjoyed it. I haven't been able to let my creative, crafty side out since we were up there last year in August because of life and school and such so it was great to unleash it again. We go up to my friends cabin and there is a phone, TV, Internet there but no cell phone coverage until we go into the town of Ely...which we only did twice. It's kind of a jolt to my system to have no texting for days but it was good. We laughed so much....over dumb stuff too. Over words, over our mistakes, over life.

It was good to just be with people who you can let down your guard with and just be your nasty old self. No make up, didn't do my hair, had on my lazy Oh God I hope no one see's me in these clothes on and it felt freeing!! Drank a little wine, ate a lot of bad food and overall spent the day doing whatever I creatively wanted to do....is that even a word? Went for a little nature walk, not a fan of the bugs and such but whatever. Went for a four wheel ride which I normally love and would be sad to end but it was unusually cold....even for me. I had to put my hoodie hood up and it was still too cold. Burr....how is it 58 degrees in July? I love zipping along on a four wheeler, feels like all your cares and woes just fly off as the world zips by. Nice.

I feel like my home life is in this hurry up and wait mode. I get home toss down the days stuff and never seem to get it all in place or organized like I want, I keep saying I'll do that later and honestly....where does the time go to? When I get home I am usually too tired to do anything at all. Yesterday I got back home about 5:30/6. After 3 trips in with crap from the weekend I was a couch potato. I couldn't even muster up enough energy to make dinner....I ate whatever was handy and ready to go. Veggies, a left over chicken breast, pretzels and some nuts. Not very appealing but at least I wasn't starving any more.

Listened to music probably 99% of the weekend....a fun station that played blasts from the past mixed in with today's top music. Went from Lady Ga Ga's Poker Face to Laura Brannagan belting out Gloria. Kinda of a mind trick really.

Now I am back at work, trying to get my arms wrapped around my new/improved job and trying to get though 317 emails.....how can so many people need to communicate so much to me in two days off!?!

No comments: