Thursday, July 16, 2009

Where are you most comfortable?

I was walking into work today with one of our HR people. She is a reserved, quiet, gentle lady and I have always kind of been an "out loud" kind of person.....ying and yang. We did the normal mindless chit chat and I said I'm looking forward to 11 a.m. because I am suppose to be on PTO, it's girls weekend. I proceeded to tell her about my upcoming weekend with my crafty ladies. I explained that we go to my friend's cabin right outside of Ely and it's peaceful and quiet and how I like to get up early and watch the fog rise off the lakes and listen to the loons. She looked at me and couldn't have been more shocked. She said, I can't imagine you would be comfortable there, that you could even handle the quiet. I laughed....then she said, I can't imagine you being any place that doesn't involve a big crowd.

Hmm. That made me think....where are we most comfortable? I think most of the time I like a big crowd because I'm not alone, I like the hub bub, I like to people watch but there is something so peaceful and relaxing and calming about being up at my friends cabin that really settles my soul. I don't know what it is but I really, really look forward to it. Partially it's the company, I don't get to see this group of ladies very often and we do spend a good part of our weekend just laughing...I mean really laughing. All the cares of the world seem to disappear. It's heavenly.

So where are we most comfortable? Is it possible it changes with the people we are with? Does it change with our moods? with time? I know sometimes I am most comfortable just sitting on my couch staring out the window watching the world go by and other times I feel like I will go absolutely stir crazy if I have to be alone one more minute. Aren't we complicated ducks?

I get confused when people make statements to me that feel like they are true and the people don't really know me. Like this HR person. I mean I've known her on a work level for many many years and I think I must be the same person at work that I am in life otherwise how could she know me and yet not really know me. I know some people who have completely different work personalities and home personalities and I think my God....how complicated would that be? I mean I can be the professional me when I have to be....when I'm out representing (I hope you read that like it was gangster like talk.....cause that's how I wrote it!) and then there is the only me I know how to be. I don't want to be judged for it, or fixed, or anything....I just want to be accepted for what I am. God that sounds like a really bad song.

This is going to be the first time in a long time I don't have to rush back from a weekend and DO something...homework, laundry, clean, work....it's going to be so strange. I really have to learn how to live a new lifestyle without all those odd demands.

Well I am off to rejuvenate my soul.....pictures to follow!!

Oh.....and from the Universe today comes this.....LOVE it!

Every single minute of every single day, they're there.
They may be hidden behind circumstances, people, or light poles. Challenges, closed doors, or lost keys. Camouflaged, dovetailed, or whispering. Purring, kissing, or hissing. But more often than not they're laying about in the open, under a clear blue sky, in plain view. Absolutely. Guaranteed. You'd throttle me otherwise.

10,000 reasons to be happy.

Jumanji, baby -


The Universe

No comments: