Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Gratitude

I found this website that talks about adding abundance to your life. The writer talks about ways to add abundance to your everyday life, to be thankful for what you have and where you are at. She suggests starting a Gratitude Journal.

Each night before you go to bed you have to write down 5 things you are grateful for. In her words "
As the months pass and you fill your journal with blessings, an inner shift in your reality will occur. Soon you will be delighted to discover how content and hopeful you feel. As you focus on the abundance rather than on the lack in your life, you will be designing a wonderful new blueprint for the future. This sense of fulfillment is gratitude at work, transforming your dreams into reality."

"Gratitude is the heart's memory."

So I got a fancy new journal. I love journals...I love the blank, open pages that allow me to fill them with whatever I choose. So after a rather crappy week, I started my gratitude journal. I must admit, it's kind of a nice way to end the day, to be thinking about the POSITIVES of the day vs. the negatives.

I wonder though, can I be grateful everyday for five new things? This might be a bit of a challenge.

The only difference between an extraordinary life and an ordinary one is the extraordinary pleasure you find in ordinary things.

No comments: