Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Validation

Last night was my first official Tuesday without school. I have waited for this moment, dreamed about this time and thought about it for years....and here it was...finally. It came without hoopla and faded into the night like any other day. Kind of a let down really. I guess I had hoped it would somehow be monumental....but the reality is, it's just another day.


I've been spending a great deal of thought lately on my own path. About finding it, being on it, falling off it, figuring it out and overall just the age old question...how do you know you're on the right path?


I woke up this morning at 3am bright eyed and bushy tailed, I went to bed about 11 pm and apparently I can exist on 4 hours of sleep?? Not really but my brain thinks I can. I woke up with my brain just racing. I can't seem to stop thinking and once it starts I'm done for. Ugh. Funny though the Universe always seems to know what to say to me:

Hold your ponies! Everything you've ever dreamed of, lies on the path you're now on.
Hi Ho Silver,
The Universe

I don't think we are suppose to stay still too long or to stay on one path forever. I think the idea is to keep moving, to keep looking, to keep on doing something that shakes things up a bit otherwise we get lost in the mundane everydayness of routine. Isn't that what finding a path is about, breaking up the routine, the mundane, the same-old-same old? Do we sometimes stumble across a new path because we are bored with where we are?

If I look around me I feel like everyone has a path, a purpose, a greater good.....I feel like there is some rule book that everyone has read and I am not allowed to even see the cover. It's an uncomfortable place to exist in. I need something new, something challenging, something to motivate me to keep on moving...right now I kind of just want to lay down and do nothing. It's probably just a phase, I'm sure I'll get motivated and start to move again but until I do it's hard to be in this place. Feel like I am going no where but really fast. When did I get so old?



I need to find the path and start walking along to see what happens. I think a theme song might help.

No comments: