Thursday, July 9, 2009

My own words

I like catch phrases. Words or sentenes that seem to fit any type of situation such as: sweet, fantastic, super fantastic, ass hat. I love using unique phrases to describe everyday events.

I've now discovered how much joy I get out of hearing other people then use my made up phrases out loud in normal conversations. Really, really brings me joy. Now I can't take credit for the phrases I use, some of them I've clearly stolen or adopted from others, some I have made up and some I just heard and adjusted and really feel like they fit everyday situations.

Some of my very favorites include, but are not limited to:
  • Ass hat - used to describe bad behaving men folks (sorry, it's true)
  • Super fantastic! - usually used to over emphasis the greatness of something such as the new candy display on my desk.
  • You wish I were fatter so there was more of me to hate - no explanation needed
  • Whatever - said with a sarcastic tone as if you are 4 years old
  • J-hole - used inplace of curse words when children are present and you are suffering from road rage.....try saying it...JHOLE....it just feels right.
  • The - as in THE Cub, THE Target, THE Byerlys....you get the point
  • I'm just saying - when you are trying to tell someone something and worried it will hurt their feelings. Ex: Did you mean to do that to your hair? I'm just saying.....
These are some of my very favorite phrases and I really love it when others start using them. It makes me feel like in some small way, I am leaving my mark on the world. It's just words, words don't really mean anything and yet they can mean EVERYTHING.

Words create impressions, images and expectations. They help us build psychological connections and they surley influence how we think. Since thoughts determine actions, there's a powerful connection between the words we use and the results we get.

No comments: