Thursday, January 8, 2009

The calm before the storm or the storm before the calm?

I used to freak out all the time at the dumbest things. I'd get a flat tire on my car and think I had to sell my car....sadly that's a true story....but I think as I've gotten older I freak out less....well maybe only once a day?

Right now I feel a little freaked out...I feel a little out of control of my own life and my own time and that is freaking me out a little. I love dead trees, those spindly, barren empty trees that seems to stand alone and proud in a field with there spiky branches sprawled out for the world....love them. I've been having trouble sleeping the past few nights and last night was the
worst. I went to bed about 11pm (my normal bedtime) and I could not go to sleep, I just tossed and turned forever. Finally I got up about 2am and read some of my accounting/finance book in a warm bath thinking that would lull me into a coma....nothing....the water got cold, the reading blurred my brain but sleep did not come. I headed back into bed a little after 3am and finally dozed off only to have the freakiest dream ever!

I was in my apt packing up and I went into my bedroom and there was a giant dead tree growing in the corner of my room. At first I was like how cool then I was like....how in the
hell am I going to move that? Why I thought I had to move it is beyond me but I knew I had to. So I pulled at it and pulled at it and one of my neighbors saw me trying to pull it down the hall so he went and got a shopping cart for me....we somehow got it in there and wheeled it to my new apt and when I opened the door the living room was filled with dead trees. What the hell?

Clearly my lack of sleep is due to my move, school, homework, my life but man...what do the dead trees mean? I must google that. Hmm, that google is a good thing....here's the gist of
what I found about a tree in your dream:

To dream about empty trees or if you have cut down a tree, signifies
that you are wasting your energy, time, and money on foolish pursuits.
Alternatively, it may be a comment on your sexual nature.

What the heck! How do those two things relate....I am wasting my time and somethings amiss with my nature? I may have to ponder this. Hmm.

Happy new year to me huh!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is a season for everything. Give it time and it will make sense. Let go.....