Monday, January 12, 2009

Grateful heart

I realize it's easy to focus on what we don't have, what we want, where we want to be but as I was driving into work this morning I realized how lucky I am and this in turn makes me feel very grateful.

Grateful for the people in my life that give up their weekends and time with their families to help me, to move my dusty crap, to paint with me, to laugh with me, to bring their boyfriends and family over to help me with mundane things, to take me to parties they probably could have easily taken anyone else, to make me coffee in the morning, to give me a blanket when I am cold (or their child!) to spend time out of their lives on my own life. I'm very grateful for these people and that the Universe put them in my path. It's a nice way to begin a week.

I'm physically exhausted from this weekend...I guess that's good, I worked hard, played hard and eventually once all the boxes are put back in place I'll feel a little settled and less discombobulated. Moving, even if it's a few doors down, is hard. I took care to be sure I left out things I know I'll need but it's unsettling to not have my stuff out where I want it. I painted part of my new apt this weekend and am feeling more at home there. As I continue to paint my old apt and turn it into a blank white slate it kinda makes me sad. I loved living there. It's been one of my favorite places ever to have lived and it feels like I'm washing away that time by covering it all up. Is that weird? I only have my bedroom left and I have one diamond left to cover on that wall and it's kinda sad....I kind of don't want it to go away. Feels like if I cover it up it's erasing that part of me...of my life....of my existence there. I wonder why that feels like that.

I'm enjoying creating my new space however...I love the colors I chose and later this week the ET is going to paint my accent wall (a redish orange color) that I think is going to make my home POP! Once that is done I can go sofa shopping and finally feel like I am home. It's important to like your space...to feel like it's home....otherwise it just feel like some place that holds your stuff. I also got rid of a lot of stuff to with this move....I feel like my new space is going to be less cluttered, more open and with the colors I am choosing I feel like it's going to be warm and inviting...maybe more people will come visit me?

The one thing I like about moving is re-creating your space. You can take the same old stuff you have and use it in a new way and it makes your space feel new, different and sometimes pretty cool. Can't wait to have this week behind me so I can feel more settled.

Speaking of the ET I went to the ET party on Saturday - it's a holiday party for FT employee's but my friend Eric took me with - yeah Eric! It was at the Wayzata Country Club - a life style I'll never live but it was awesome for one night. It let me have a glimpse into the inner cirlce of the ET and the people I met were fun and nice and really cool....I had a great time! What was cool though is they give out awards to the property managers and we won 2 awards...woo hoo!! Plus there was a few drawings for big prizes and my friend Sarah won a 42" flat screen plasma TV!!! Movie night at her place!!

Thanks Universe for all that you give me - I am grateful!

No comments: