Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Love/Hate

My definition of success is total self acceptance. We can obtain all of the material possessions we desire, however, attempting to change our deepest thoughts and learning to love ourselves is a monumental challenge. - Franklin Roosevelt
I've spent years hating lots of things about myself, I hated the way I looked, the way I acted. I hated the things I couldn't do or wasn't good at. I hated my past and the poor decisions I made and I've hated where I'm at in life. Key work here...hated. I actually think I've moved on from the hating stage to....dare I say it....love stage!?

I still haven't figured life out completely, nobody ever really does do they, but I what I did figure out is that I had to find a way to live with myself if I was ever going to be truly happy. It's funny how something so simple can change your life. Simple thoughts, simple changes....simple. Why do we make things so hard on ourselves?

Everybody says that you can't find love until you love yourself. Love is a gift we give to others but for some reason we often withhold it from ourselves. We aren't perfect and we know it. Most of us are aware of every single flaw we possess, and while we may be able to overlook those flaws in the ones we love, they seem to be all we see when we look in the mirror. It would be so much easier to love ourselves if we could change those things we don't like.

Simple changes. Sometimes a thought can change things.

My message from the Universe was this today:
Did you know,that whenever you feel love, you literally begin to glow? You probably did. But did you know that the glowing is actually made up of zillions of minute sparkles? And that these sparkles receive as much energy as they create? And that because of this energy exchange you completely stop aging and look younger? Abundance is immediately drawn to you? Healing powers fill you? Muscles are strengthened, pounds are shed, and your vision improves? Lingering questions are answered? New friends are summoned? Old friends are poked? Problems are solved? And maple syrup tastes more maple-y?
All when you feel love.
It's true -
The Universe

Maybe the key to happiness is love??? A simple four letter word. Oh and I like the sparkles part too. Who doesn't like sparkles!?

Hmmm...worth a try isn't it?

1 comment:

Randy said...

Don't you just love those messages fromt he Universe!? I get them too. :-)I read through some of your post and they are very entertaining. I hope you have a good day today!