Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Comfortable with my madness??

I realize we all have our "issues", we aren't perfect, we are a work in progress but I think overall, I have to learn how to be comfortable with my "madness"...my imperfections....my choices.

We all know those people who live their lives just the way they want, with no cares of what anyone else may think. They seem to have no care or worry what one other person thinks. As my friend calls it...they live "balls to the walls" and they seem happy. Is that possible? Is it possible to live your life and not care what anyone else thinks? Have we become so emeshed with needing other people to validate and define us that we can't live without that?

I love to travel. Mainly because it changes your perspective on my own life. To get out of my normal surrounds and recharge. Also, I find there is something kind of anonymous about traveling....especially alone. I love sitting in an airport and pretending I'm off on some world adventure. I feel like I can be anyone and no one can deny it. It's kind of empowering. People don't have any idea where I am going or who I am. I could be anyone. I could be off on a lover's retreat, going to save a life, maybe off to bury someone or to take control of a small unknown country. I could be anyone and suddenly I feel lots of possibilities are available to me.

When I travel I like to try to go someplace, see things or do things I wouldn't do in my normal life. It's what makes traveling so appealing to me...it gives me the permission to live outside my bubble. I think I need to plan more trips...I guess it doesn't have to be a trip on a plane, I suppose I can just get in my car and go....maybe I need more trips.

I need to learn to become comfortable with my madness in my everyday life. Maybe I'll figure that out while I soak up some sun!

My message from The Universe today -
Haven't I always shown up with the right idea, at the right time,
to spin your head and rock your world, when you least expected it?
Give yourself this rest you've earned.
You're my butterfly,

The Universe

This butterfly is ready to fly.

1 comment:

Schnoodler said...

I'm jealous. I want to go with you.

we're all quite comfortable with you madness. In fact it requires an enormous amount of comfort to accomodate the amount of madness.