Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Deep breaths....

There is something to getting away from your space, your life, your crap to help you clear your head. Also sitting watching the sunset over the desert landscape is cathartic. It was breath taking to watch the colors of the sunset appear before my eyes. I felt like it was a constant surprise what each new moment would bring. Wish I could live my every day like that.

Off to Vegas for a few days of exploring and fun. It's so nice to have something new to look forward to doing, to shift the brain, the head, the heart.....everything. Sometimes a change in landscape is all a girl needs to maybe shift some internal thinking. We shall see.

As I sat waiting for the plane today, I was next to a booming Chili's and I watched this old man eating. He had on a really dated polyester plaid suit jacket and his hat matched it. It was sort of sweet and charming to see him all dressed up to travel. People don't do that anymore....they don't dress up for much. I also noticed that people didn't really seem to look at their server when they came to check on them and ask them how their meal was. Granted it was at the Chili's but still....is that common courtesy gone from people....that you can't look at someone who is talking directly to you??

Have we become so self involved that we can't take the time to give common courtesy's?

No comments: