Sunday, March 8, 2009

Thinking out loud

Sometimes it's easier to sort through all your own baggage when you get out of your own space, when you get out of your own little bubble and start to look at things differently. I know the next few months are going to be challenging with school but I know the end is near, school will be done in just a few months so it will be really worth it......right?

It's been really great to not be in my own space worrying about all the things I still need to do around my house, my homework, the unpacking that still needs to happen and even little things like hanging up a curtain rod to make my space feel complete. Being away from all that really feels like it doesn't really matter that much but when I am surrounded by that it all, it felt too overwhelming. It was almost like I couldn't make a decision to finish one thing before something else was due. Too much.

Being away from home and all the normal day to day stuff is very helpful. Driving around with the top down on the car and staring at the cactus sprinkled mountains and the deep blue sky seems to help really clear the clutter out of my head.

I feel refreshed, recharged and really rejuvenated. I think I chose a good time to get out of town for a little while and to just have some fun and to just stop thinking for a short time. It was nice to be able to just be...to do whatever I felt like doing with no real thought beyond the one moment. Granted, you can't live life everyday like that but it's nice to have several days of that.

I do miss certain people who I think make my everyday life better (thank God for texting!) and I do (I can't beleive I am saying this out loud) kind of miss my everyday routine but I feel like taking a break allows me to get back to all of that with a refreshed soul.

Can a week away really help a person see things differently? It's like being away allows me to slow down enough to think about things on a different level...maybe with some new clarity?

I am enjoying my time away, but I am almost ready to be back and dealing with everything. It's almost time....maybe a few more sunsets......and cocktails.......and time in the sun.

No comments: