Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Ready for a change?

How do we know when we are ready to change? I mean REALLY ready? Ready to dig in with both feet and just go for it. Plunge ahead and embrace the world.

I went on vacation to get away from my everyday life to help clear the muddle that's been rattling around in my head and to have some down time. It really helped to be away from all the same everyday things and I feel recharged.

Watching a sunset over the desert was spectacular - watching a sunset at all really. The mountains surrounding me at all times was pretty awesome too. I wonder if we begin to take that stuff for granted if we were surrounded by it all the time. Do we cease to see the beauty or specialness of our surroundings over time? Am I missing something now?

One thing I did realize was how much I miss certain people...I mean seeing them in person, their face, their laugh....just them....I like my friends...I like my life....why do I want it to change?

Change is a part of life, a part of growth...without change we would be bored - right? Why do we always feel we HAVE to change things?

The Universe gave me this nugget today:

Sometimes when you're ready for a change and you kind of know it but
won't admit it, when it comes, not only are you surprised, but it
hurts.
Yeah, I know that doesn't help much, unless you remember the "ready"
part. Because there is simply no change that might ever transpire in time and space that happens before you're fully able to use it for your own growth and glory.
Love watching you create,
The Universe

Even the Universe knows I need to change....and it does kinda suck. I know things will change when I am done with school, once I settle back into my life again - my routine. I just want things to be easy...to be fun....to be not so complicated and muddled. Where is the easy path?

Why does it seem everyone else has the life I want? Are they really happy with their life or do they also want someone else's life? Are we really ever happy with what we have when we have it. Is it wrong to want more? To demand more?

Seems like there are so many questions all the time that never really seem to get answers. How do you find answers? When is enough really enough?

It seems like we are always searching....looking, wanting, changing....do we ever really get to a point in life where it all just works? I have moments....days even where things really seem to be working well....then maybe we start thinking too much or too deep and muddle sets in. Maybe the key is to not think? Keep things at a surface level?

It was great to get away but it feels like if I am not careful, I'll slip right back into that old routine.

1 comment:

Schnoodler said...

You've always been busy. When school ends you'll have a void you'll fill. I think change is in the near future for you.