Friday, March 20, 2009

Dance like nobody's watching

Man...I love the Universe...the messages, the challenges, the thoughts it provokes. I've really been on a new music kick lately. I am really digging on some new music and artists I've not heard of and I feel the need to express it in dance! I've been saying to a few people lately that we need to go dancing....and what does the Universe say to me today? You guessed it....

Excuse me but I don't think I noticed, "do a little dance," on your "to-do list." You do plan to dance today, don't you?


Get down,

The Universe


So I think I have to do it....I think I have to get out there and dance like nobody is watching!!

But before I dance, I must process these thoughts but there will be dancing I assure you!

I love quotes or phrases that make me think outside my bubble, my world...things that challenge me even though sometimes it hurts. At work now I am charged with a new "opportunity" - editing or helping to edit our intranet content. It's a challenge for me because a) I know nothing about the real world of editing and b) it's new and scary. So I got some books and have been scouring the Internet and picking people's brains. I came across the following information -

Any time a thought, a sentence, or paragraph inspires you or opens up your thinking, you need to capture it, like a butterfly in a net, and later release it into your own field of consciousness.

I realize we live in a very busy, very cluttered world with a lot of choices to make each day. It's easy to forget what's most important and unless we find ways to remind ourselves of that, life becomes muddled and hard to deal with. It's like looking through the lens of a camera. at first it seems a little "fuzzy" but once you adjust the focus, it's crystal clear.

That's what quotes do for me...they take these ideas or thoughts muddling around in my head that are a little "fuzzy" and help bring them to life. I think that's why I seek them out on a daily basis. It gives me some kind of connection to my inner soul and I feel like it helps me clear the clutter. Sometimes they help me see a situation in a better or clearer light and sometimes it pushes me to reach outside myself and just go. The focus is there, it just needs some help. A helping hand.

So now that I am learning to edit, to learn new skills it of course scares me but also is very exciting to me. The thought of me editing anyone else's stuff makes me giggle like a school girl but I'm attempting it. It is going to be a good skill to hone and to have in my tool belt. So since there is no official training I've decided to use books and the Internet.

I came across this information about writing which oddly kind of makes sense and I really appreciate the way they cleverly wrote about writing using sex. Nice job!

Be sexy
You are a sexual being. So are all of your readers (except the Google robot). Sex is interesting. Sex is life, and life is interesting. The more of yourself you put into your writing, the more human and engaging your work will be. (hee hee....they keep saying sex ....makes me giggle inappropriately at work!)


If your writing is a personal journal, and if it is honest, you will have to write about things that you find embarrassing to describe, feelings you might not want to share, events that you wouldn’t mention to strangers (or, perhaps, to anyone). Decide now what you will do, before it happens.

Undressing, literally, figuratively, or emotionally, has always been a powerful force in personal sites and web logs. Pictures don’t matter in the long run; what matters is the trajectory of your relationship with the reader, the gradual growth of intimacy and knowledge between you.

So there we have it.....I have to be sexy in my writing, I have to undress (it's OK...I have a good tan!) and now I must dance!

Bring it on Universe....I am so ready!

No comments: