Thursday, March 12, 2009

Feeling my groove

Sometimes when I wake up I look in the mirror and think MY GOD....what happened to you? I can wake up with some of the best bed head in the world! As my nephew said to me one time "what died on your head?" Awesome. It's really a shame there isn't someone around to share that with because really, it's pretty spectacular some days. :)

It's a wonder then if I can wake up so.....frightening, that I can tame her down and look somewhat presentable when I finally leave my house. I thought about this today as I left for work and before I even hit my car in the garage two complete strangers complimented me. TWO! Nice. I am having a particularly good self esteem day thanks to them. These days are rare and I am actually avoiding any mirrors for fear that I won't like at all what I see and it will ruin my little morning buzz.

Funny though.....I left my house feeling this way and thought about it on my drive in and here is what was waiting for me when I logged onto my email....from the Universe:


Just curious when was the last time you looked into a mirror and addressed yourself as "Gorgeous," "Magnificent," or "Sublime"?

It matters.

Tallyho,
The Universe

Wild isn't it?! I really can't explain how this happens but right now, I am going to enjoy it while it lasts.

I love surprises, unexpected moments, unplanned events....I know a lot of people don't, but I sure do and in the mail I got a really sweet card from this woman who left here. She was a really high maintenance director whom I sometimes helped and she sent me this card. It's a picture of these older people (I don't think that's the message!) sitting on chairs just laughing out loud.

There is so much joy on their faces you can't help but smile at them. The caption reads:
The most wasted day of all is that on which we have not laughed." Inside she wrote I saw this card and it SCREAMED send me to Dawn. Then she thanked me for all my hard work and support of her and wished me well.

Isn't it funny how the littlest thing can make such an impact on someone's day? I mean...really, it's just a card but really it's so much more. There was thought behind it...there was a tiny moment that I was on her mind...that I mattered enough to stop what she was doing and write out and send a note to me. Me....plain old regular me. Wild. I was just so....surprised that I even crossed her mind once she left here. I am always surprised that people think about me when I am not with them. Sometimes the Universe just does things that make my head spin.

Lately I've been feeling so disconnected from ..... just disconnected. Feeling like that puzzle piece that sits on the counter waiting to find the right place to squeeze into....and I try.....I squeeze and twist and plop myself right in the middle but yet I still don't fit. There doesn't appear to be any picture I fit. My friend says I over estimate how anyone else feels about their own life, but that still doesn't change how I feel.

I realized as I was driving into work today that it's a full moon today and that usually makes me kinda off but I wonder if it isn't making me kinda on today. I feel hopeful, centered....and dare I say it...almost happy? Ohhh, insert music here!

Hmm, maybe my little vacation did more for my mind-set that I realized? Maybe it's just taken a few days to settle into my brain?

I guess I will just put on my red lipstick and see what this day brings.

No comments: