Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Endings

Every new beginning comes from some other beginnings end. Everytime some old ends something new slips in to fill its space. I keep thinking about that because I'm so over whelmed with trying to finish school right now I can't imagine all the time I will have when I am done with school. I can't imagine what new things I will do when I have the time.


How long do you wait? Wait for a late friend, a family member....a lost love? I actually did something I don't do very often last night..I watched tv. Not really but it was on in the background and I saw bits and peices of American Idol. I used to be obsessed with that show, I never missed it...now I couldn't tell you anything about it except Simon is still an ass and the kids look younger than ever. David Cook was on singing some sad song about waiting for someone. It went on something like you go do what you need to and I'll be right here waiting for you to come back to me...it made me think...how long do you wait? Do you completely give up your life to wait for them to come back? What if they never do...do you still wait?

I think we all do that in a sense, we wait for our life to begin. When he/she loves me it will be fine, when I get that new promotion/job, when I lose weight.....when I finish school. Jesh. It's crazy wrong. Why do we do that to ourselves. What kind of walls have we built up around ourselves that a life of waiting for something is ok?

Another busy week but this thought was rambling around in my head and it just wouldn't wait.

No comments: