Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Going within

They say if you take care of the inside, the outside will fix itself. Is that true? And who exactly is THEY?


I ask because clearly the inside me has some work to do.....and if I fix that will all the external stuff just roll into place? I know there are no guarantees but I kinda want one. I want someone to promise me that if the inside settles down, all the exterior stuff will fall into place....anyone?


I find it interesting lately that I seem to hear that message over and over. If you quiet the inside, the outside will follow suit. Someone suggested meditation. I'm told it quiets your soul and helps you think. I honestly don't know if I could be quiet that long...or what I would do if I got to that point, the point of calm and quiet. To quote an old Seinfeld episode "serenity now"! Is it possible?


My note from the Universe said this today:
There isn't a moment in any day when someone, somewhere, isn't
better off because of something you've done. And no matter what you do, or don't do, with the rest of your life, you cannot now comprehend the amounts of love, joy, and personal assistance that are already being pressed out to you in gratitude.
Must be nice,
The Universe




It funny because it's Earth Week, National Severe Weather Week, Admins day and my birthday week. Added into that is something new called Pay It Forward Day. The idea is to do between one and three good deeds today without asking for anything in return. Just instruct the recipient to pay it forward to someone else in need. One good deed might not seem like much, but if everyone did something good for someone else today, then these acts of kindness can spark a cycle of generosity and compassion throughout our communities.

So there is a lot of thought going out into the Universe about doing undo others, about giving back, about how much you don't realize that one small deed can change lives. It's important to hear that, to know that.....do participate in that.

So I challenge you all....pay it forward....if for no other reason than just to make someone else happy.

No comments: