Thursday, April 16, 2009

No do overs? Really?

I love the thought of a "do over". I am a big fan of them...a test gone bad, a date not quite as you expect, an event.....let's do it again....an opportunity to fix the wrongs, mend the fence or to do what you wish you had done or to re-live the life gone off track.

But really, is a "do over" really a "do over" ? If you are doing it over, aren't you really changing the event, the moment, the experience? Are you keeping control of what happens or are you letting the Universe do it's thing and bring you what you need? I was thinking of this as I drove in this morning, I had a tour a weekend ago that wasn't my best tour....it went badly from the start and I thought to myself I wish I could do that over so I could leave them with a better experience, a better feeling, a better impressing....just better....but I can't. You can't change a first impression or a experience...you just have to plow on ahead and make the next one better. So I come into my email and what does the Universe have to say to me:

You get as many "do-overs" as you like. Of course, you never know you're living a "do-over" until it's over. There are lots of reasons for
wanting a "do-over." Most of all, people want another chance to
do things they were afraid to do the first time, and to say things they were afraid to say. Oddly enough, it's not their mistakes they want to rework, but their "unused" minutes. Yeah, pretty nifty, but you should know that it isn't any easier the next time, and because no two ever go exactly the same, the gifts, opportunities, and loves of one, never appear the same way again. Never. So all in all, it's better to live as if there are no "do-overs," so that you won't need one. But I thought I'd share this with you anyway, to work in the bits about fear, mistakes, and how precious today's opportunities really and truly are.

Crafty as a fox,
The Universe


So interesting how my own thoughts seem to be wandering along the same path as the Universe. It's clear it's sending me a message.....but I still keep struggle trying to understand it. I get that we shouldn't live our life with a plan of always having a "do over", that we should take the moments and learn from them, move on, experience the good and the bad but I kind of like the thought that I have the OPTION to "re do" something. It's like a safety net.

I like the thought of my life with a saftey net.....who doesn't?

No comments: