Monday, April 27, 2009

The party's over

It's sad really....when something you have looked forward to for so long is over. A vacation, a wedding, a super fantastic party. It's hard now to look at the weeks and months ahead and wonder what's next? What's new and exciting around the corner. What new adventure awaits.

I always think this is it....there is nothing more. When I've been planning for or looking forward to some event and when it's over it's kind of sad....now what do I focus on?

The Universe said this to me today:
Isn't it nice to know that you haven't yet laughed,
all that you'll
laugh? That you haven't yet met, some of your very best
friends? And that you haven't yet dreamed, all that you'll manifest?
That all bridges will be mended? That all sadness will be healed? And that life never ends?
That all of your challenges will be won? That all of your triumphs
will be shared? And that the difference you'll make, has already begun? Well, it is for me, because I also know that if you don't see these things yet, you will.

Could it get any better?
The Universe


Can it get any better? What a great question. We always get to some point in our lives and we think...it doesn't get any better than this...but I think it can, I believe it can. Do we always need something bigger and better to look forward to? Do we always need that next best thing to keep our attention looking forward? Something to move towards....to? Is it part of our drive to keep moving forward? I love the line or the thought that I haven't met some of my very best friends yet. That for some reason gives me immeasurable joy....I love the thought that there is someone out there in the world waiting for me....wild.

I had probably one of the best birthday weeks/parties I ever remember having. It was really a week of filling up my own self esteem bowl. I had people in all areas of my life play along in my world for a week and I gotta say, it was very empowering. I really felt like I accomplished something last week, like I did make a difference. That I actually had some power and control over things and I can't tell you the last time I felt that. It's silly really because it was just about having fun, letting go and just being in the moment and it felt really really good. I had some moments last week that literally brought tears to my eyes! Wild.

Where do you go from here though. That's what I wonder. When I came into work this morning and I saw the decorations that had to go I felt a little sad. A little empty...the party's over but in one way I guess it's just begun. I have the opportunity to move forward in whatever direction I choose and only I get to decide what that means. Feels like a little too much pressure but I think I am up for the challenge.

Whatever will this new year of my life bring?

1 comment:

Schnoodler said...

It was a blast. thank you for including me.