Sunday, December 7, 2008

Charlie Brown kind of a feeling

I never realized how depressed Charlie Brown really is. I recorded a few shows and spent some time watching them over the last few days and Charlie is severely depressed...I mean like clinically depressed. He sort of loses his mind over a kite that won't fly and he often is very sad and unhappy...doesn't anyone see that? Where are his parents? Isn't Lucy a therapist...she charges 5cents for advice...doesn't she see the cash cow that is Charlie Brown? Poor Charlie.

It got me thinking about alot of other cartoons....the infamous Winnie the Pooh with poor sad Eyeore, the Little Mermaid with the crumudgeon lobster....and of course there is Rudolph...man that coach was a mean reindeer!! I think Santa is kind of a bastard in that one too. Cartoons are rough...I guess it begins to prepare our little ones for the onset of adulthood and all the life dissappointments we head into. There is no way a new show could do those kinds of things, people would scream from the heavens above.

I am officially ready for the holidays...my presents are wrapped, my cards are almost done and my heart is full of Christmas cheer...bring on the snow and the mistletoe!

No comments: