Friday, December 19, 2008

Nothing says Merry Christmas better than booze!

What goes with every outfit, always fits and never disappoints? Alcohol! Woo hoo..bring on the holidays! I like drinking.

I talked before about living life moderately sedated and in talking with my friend Sarah yesterday I realized I've been making a good strong attempt at this in the last 6 months! I think I have drank more in the last 6 months then I have in the last year. I'm totally OK with it too. It hasn't negatively affected my life and I enjoy it. I've certainly enjoyed wine way more than I used to as well. Mmmm drinking is good.

Over the last few days I've gotten a few holiday gift and they have all been alcohol based....well except for my awesome talking calendar! That gift ROCKS! I think it's funny, the older I get the more simple the gifts that make me happy.

I love presents. I love giving them, I love getting them for others, I love watching other people open them, well probably not as much as I love getting them but still....presents make people happy. Isn't that what it's all about...being happy? Shouldn't we do that...try to make others happy and doesn't that in turn then make us happy? Isn't it a circle?

Don't we strive every day to be happy? To get to that point where we feel good about ourselves, our lives - happy. If little things do that then is that really wrong? I say no. If we do small acts of kindness towards others we all benefit. Maybe that's the plan for 2009 - stop focusing so much on the here and the now...the ME part of things and look outside myself to find what I'm missing and scoop up all the happiness I can. Maybe.

Today is my last day in the office until January 5th. I also am done with school until January 13th and quite honestly.....I hardly know what to do with all this time....not really time but with all the time my brain will have to not be otherwise occupied. No pushing in chapters of information that I will most certainly lose as soon as the class is done, no smiling while doing crap I don't want to do for others. No being taken for granted...well at work anyway, no trying to look my best....just me spending some time thinking and maybe cleaning out the noggin' getting it ready for a new year. I love time off. I don't know if I am ready to be all grown up.

So much seems possible right now. Is it possible?

Cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A talking calendar!? Cool! Where do I get one??