Saturday, December 27, 2008

I'm going to change....just not today


That's a quote from a Gear Daddy's song. Went to see them last night. Enjoyed the evening out but man....do I feel old. It was at the Fine Line and it was pretty packed. It's been a long time since I have been to a bar to hear a band. I forget how fast people drink and how dumb people act when they do drink. I'd like to think that I don't act that much of a fool when I drink but I guess I don't really know.


I love the Gear Daddy's...their music has always spoken to me....and the song I'm going to change just not today made me start thinking about New Years and how really close it is and how unprepared to start a new year I feel.


Last year as the year started I felt safe and secure in my job, I knew school was happening and I was in the total groove of it and I was ready to have 2008 be great but shortly into the year things went wonky. It makes me leary to formulate any type of a plan for 2009. If I really think about it.....what do I want from this year? What do I want to be saying as I sit at the end of 2009 looking back on the year?


I want to have a fun year. I want a year full of laughter, good times, happiness, fun, good friends, real friends.....love, and I want to look back over my list of things I want to do and be able to say WOW - I really did a lot of these things this year. I think it's unrealistic to say I want to do them all but I want a fair chunk of them gone. I will post my list soon....I think it will be a fun way to end my blog this year.


Had a fantastic Christmas...probably one of my better holidays I've had in a really really long time and the funny thing is....it was totally unexpected and pretty much unplanned. Maybe that's the key...don't plan....I find if I plan I'm almost always disappointed.


Oh and here is another surprise..my friend Sarah made me try sushi and I loved it....I can't really eat alot of rice based sushi but it was much more tasty and better than I imagined. See, another unplanned moment. Hmmm...I'm sensing a pattern.


Happy last Saturday of 2008!!!

No comments: