Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Happy?

Seems like everyone is struggling to "find themselves" or their path or even to be happy. I talked with a woman yesterday who said she watched some movie with Gweneth Paltrow...can't remember what it's called...I think she said it's called Sliding Doors?? maybe...anyway she made a comment that went something like this....

Life always works out like it's suppose to. You always end up
where your suppose to be no matter what path you have chosen to take because you are where you are suppose to be.

Interesting isn't it....no matter what, you are where you are suppose to be. I'm not sure I really want to believe that....but I guess I will have to go find that movie to see what it tells me.

Then on the radio this morning the DJ's were talking about being happy and that due to the economy or whatever, people in general are not happy. They posed this questions "If money didn't matter, what would you be doing?" the idea is to then incorporate a little of that into your life and it will increase your happiness level. Not to totally quit and walk away from what you are doing but to add little bits of what gives you great joy and that will slowly increase your happiness. I buy that...to an extent but honestly....money does matter....because what I'd be doing right now if money didn't matter was to be laying on a beach in Mexico with a fruity drink. That takes money.....that would make me really really happy too. Ahh...but I get the message in the whole bigger picture kind of a way. Little moments make us happier....overall.

I love Christmas music...I could listen to it year around - especially the older stuff...makes me feel all warm and fuzzy and the magic of Christmas seems to exist again for a little bit. I miss the magic of a Christmas morning. When you wake up to the lit up Christmas tree, presents spilling out from under the tree and the sound of paper tearing as you wonder what is in the package. I miss that part of Christmas....once you lose that can you ever get that feeling back?

I don't mind the winter, I don't even mind the snow what I do mind is how stupid people seem to get in this weather. Honestly....if you CHOOSE to live in Minnesota...it's gonna snow and if you CHOOSE to own a car you are going to have to drive in it....it's not rocket science. Good lord.

I've managed to avoid the winter cold bug that everyone seems to be sharing until Sunday. I awoke to a stuffed head that has progressively gotten worse over the last few days. I'm hoping today is the height of it and going forward it's going to get a little bit better everyday because I do not have the energy or time for feeling crappy. Ugh. I went to bed at 8pm last night. I took a big old swig of NyQuil and settled in to watch A Charlie Brown Christmas as I drifted off to la la land. It was not the right Charlie Brown Christmas show....it was a really annoying one and frankly who wrote it...it was mean and kinda whiny...what the hell? Christmas isn't mean or whiny....I need to see the good Christmas shows...when do they start?

Okay, well despite everything, I am going to be happy....I am going to focus on the good and move forward...bring on 2009 I'm ready.

1 comment:

Schnoodler said...

FYI, I'm just getting over the bug. It been about a two week process with the first week pretty yucky. Hopefully you'll fare better.